The Value of the REA Credential
The REA credential provides considerable value to the public, employer, the economy and the recipients.
Public Value | Employer Value | The Economy | The Recipient
Public Value by:
- providing a means of registration and control of Engineering Technicians and Technologists based on assessment by industry peers,
- offering for use a Quality Mark and Standard established and overseen by Statute,
- encouraging on-going education and competency development.
Employer Value by:
- providing a time proven benchmark to assist the establishment of levels of delegation across management, quality, and cost control,
- enabling a closer assurance match between proven experience, competency and judgement, with that required,
- reduced level of risk through greater security of control and accountability,
- fostering ethical awareness and its direct application within industry,
- demonstrating recognition of a strong evolutionary and cohesive industry hierarchy,
- conveying a message of competence and control in the establishment of public reassurance,
- encouraging strength of structure within industry,
- promoting on-going knowledge and competency development that inspires innovation,
- strengthening career pathways that support career development,
- training and succession planning.
The Economy by:
- encouraging greater levels of education,
- training and career advancement,
- providing a registration system that by its very nature inspires increased productivity,
- encouraging industry strength through structured accreditation schemes,
- provision of benchmarking across industry that facilitates industry portability, cross pollination, and skills transfer,
- enabling recognition of prior learning for suitably experienced immigrants entering the NZ work-force.
The Recipient by:
- encouraging career development,
- provision of an accreditation recognised internationally within the industry,
- providing a means of distinguishing difference when seeking career advancement,
- establishment of recognised benchmarking within industry that enables transfer across the industry,
- encouragement of on-going knowledge and skills development (REAcap).